SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#352466 - 10/09/12 07:18 PM List of "+Audio " styles on the 950...
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
Here's the list:

POP & ROCK
60's Super Group
Retro Soul

SWING & JAZZ
Cool Swing
Big Band Swing

LATIN
Brazilian Bossa
Tango Flamenco
Rumba Flamenco 1
Salsa Gran Ciclon
Cuban ChaCha
Batacuda

BALLAD
R&B Slow Ballad
Industrial Chill

R & B
Funk Pop
Detroit Beat

WORLD
US Marching Band
Saeidy Pop
Malfuf Funk
Mod Celtic 4-4
Mod Celtic 6-8

DANCE
Club Mix DJ
French DJ
Reggaeton DJ
Percussive Trance
Nature Hip Hop

The transition from an audio style to a regular style is noticeable, but not what I'd call annoying. You can tell the difference in room ambience moving from one to the other, but I sense that the non-audio drum mix is somewhat more dynamic than on the 910. I was concerned there would be a drastic difference before I heard it first-hand, but now - for me - it's not a problem. Your opinion may vary.

Personally, I wish they would have provided a half dozen additional JAZZ audio styles. Hopefully more are on the way.

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#352467 - 10/09/12 07:26 PM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: CoasterTim]
Beakybird Offline

Thanks Tim! Very exciting. Congratulations on the new board.

#352468 - 10/09/12 07:56 PM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: CoasterTim]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I might use six of those.
DonM

#352469 - 10/09/12 08:14 PM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: CoasterTim]
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
The 60's Super Group is a terrific style...think many Beatles' hits, like Ticket To Ride, etc.

The Cool Swing is one of the best I have heard, but it isn't just the Audio Drums that make it so great...the Bass-line and rhythm Jazz Guitar strums are excellent.

I was hoping for more Country styles, and some toothsome R&B Ballads...no doubt they'll be available if there is enough interest...I know I have already put in my requests.

I thought the regular drums were quite similar to Tyros4, although I'd have to do a side-by-side comparison to be sure.

Hopefully I will get my demo model soon.

Ian

#352471 - 10/09/12 11:00 PM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: CoasterTim]
mvoltrega Offline

Loc: Espaņa
Thanks for the info.
Greetings.

#352473 - 10/09/12 11:24 PM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: CoasterTim]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I bet the s950 drums are equal in quality to t4 and that
The audio drums will put the tyros 4 to sleep. Coaster tim
Could we please have a detailed review from you and if possible
Could u record something for us on youtube.

#352477 - 10/10/12 12:44 AM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: CoasterTim]
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
This illustrates exactly why this 'feature' is a total boondoggle. I doubt any of us here would use more than 50% of these styles, if that.

So, let's think about this. Rather than add 25 new drum KITS, using the sounds recorded for these styles, and then ALL of your Yamaha styles would sound this good, Yamaha give you closed, uneditable audio styles that you can't add to in any practical sense. And so few styles that, out of 400+ styles in the arranger, you'll get maybe 10 you might use.

What the heck are they smoking over there? smoke

#352479 - 10/10/12 01:22 AM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: Diki]
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Originally Posted By: Diki
This illustrates exactly why this 'feature' is a total boondoggle. I doubt any of us here would use more than 50% of these styles, if that.

So, let's think about this. Rather than add 25 new drum KITS, using the sounds recorded for these styles, and then ALL of your Yamaha styles would sound this good, Yamaha give you closed, uneditable audio styles that you can't add to in any practical sense. And so few styles that, out of 400+ styles in the arranger, you'll get maybe 10 you might use.

What the heck are they smoking over there? smoke

I have to agree with Diki here. As a matter of fact I unexpectedly managed to play the PSR950 for half an hour in the local shop. First I have to admit that I am not very much impressed by this "ambient " thing to the drum sounds,similar to this addition on the PA3X. But that is a matter of taste. As you may know I play the PA800 and the PSR900. It goes without saying that the 950 has many improvements to the 900 but I never once had the feeling while playing it, gee I have to get rid of one of my boards and get this one in. It also makes me wonder which people are going to buy this board. The Tyros people cannot seriously be interested. Those owing a PSR910 at present will have to think real hard whether yet nearly another 1000 bucks is going to be a worthwhile expenditure, personally I would think not. That leaves only those who start from scratch like Deane. And he is doing the wisest thing no doubt by purchasing both this new Yamaha and the new Korg PA600. They compliment one another to the extreme and I will be looking forward to his assessment of both keyboards with great interest.

regards,
John.

P.S. Donny, should you feel the itch again, go for the PA600 and not the PSR950.............

#352482 - 10/10/12 01:53 AM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: CoasterTim]
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
I bought the s900 in 2008.sold it in 2011. Bought
The s910 in 2011 and sold it the same year as I was
Was anticipating its successor last year. So for me
Its an easy decision smile

#352487 - 10/10/12 04:00 AM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: Diki]
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
When I owned my Audya 5, I tried creating some Audio styles from scratch using the Ketron Archaic "Assebler Code" tools they give you and I basically pulled all my hair out and gave up. They don't have the process documented very well anywhere. And I've seen some arguments regarding Yamaha proprietary Audio styles. When was the last time you were able to move a Ketron Audya Audio style to a Korg or Yamaha keyboard?

Ketron has at least a 7 year (est.) leap on Yamaha on Audio drums/styles. You can be damn sure with their resources, they will catch and surpass Ketron on the sheer quality and quantity of audio styles quickly based on customer demand. Just give them some time. Their business model actually works; if you want more styles, just log on to YamahaMusicSoft and buy them. If you don't need any additional styles, don't.

At least they give the customer options and expansion capabilities. Moreso than any other manufacturer; even Korg. Love them or hate them, you at least have to give Yamaha their due in providing options and support for their customers.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#352526 - 10/10/12 12:34 PM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: DonM]
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Originally Posted By: DonM
DonM

All six taken from these two lists, right Don? grin

WORLD
US Marching Band
Saeidy Pop
Malfuf Funk
Mod Celtic 4-4
Mod Celtic 6-8

DANCE
Club Mix DJ
French DJ
Reggaeton DJ
Percussive Trance
Nature Hip Hop

#352528 - 10/10/12 12:48 PM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: tony mads usa]
Machetero Offline

Loc: Tampa, Florida, USA
Originally Posted By: tony mads usa
Originally Posted By: DonM
DonM

All six taken from these two lists, right Don? grin

WORLD
US Marching Band
Saeidy Pop
Malfuf Funk
Mod Celtic 4-4
Mod Celtic 6-8

DANCE
Club Mix DJ
French DJ
Reggaeton DJ
Percussive Trance
Nature Hip Hop

I will pay to see DonM playing and dancing few of those !!!!

#352547 - 10/10/12 04:19 PM Re: List of "+Audio " styles on the 950... [Re: CoasterTim]
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Those are the ones! Actually, I MIGHT use the US Marching Band a couple of times a year.
I play for a few parties at Barksdale Air Force Base.
DonM

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online